On December 15, the People’s Committee of Mu Cang Chai district, Yen Bai held a conference to announce the detailed project of 1/500 scale of Mu Cang Chai new urban area. At the conference, the Department of Economic Infrastructure announced the decision of the District People’s Committee approving the detailed project of 1/500 scale of Mu Cang Chai new urban area.
Detail planning of Mu Cang Chai new urban area: Connecting H’mong cultural space
- Identity: The city is imbued with cultural identity of the Hmong and Thai people
- Future: An urban area of the future, modern, comfortable, meeting the needs of the new generation
- Friendly Harmony: Friendly and harmonious city between people and nature
- Heritage: The future city will become the heritage of Yen Bai people to the world
- About time: Connecting the present (are the existing areas in the town) with the future (the planned land area and the planned new development areas in the future).
- About space: Connecting the two sides of the stream by a pedestrian bridge and a floating walkway on the stream. Connecting the center of each internal area to the stream. The urban image in the future will be imbued with the H’Mong ethnic identity and evoke the image of terraced fields through the detailed exploitation of the H’Mong and Thai ethnic architecture, the community living space of the nation. , the folds of houses and the rise of terraced fields.
With the approved planning project, Ibstac Architects & Planners hopes that this will be a premise to attract investment in infrastructure, urban and tourism development projects in the area, contributing to the development of Mu Cang Chai. develop sustainable tourism in the direction of “green – safe – identity – friendly”.
Ibstac Architects & Planners